CAN NPFL PLAYERS START ASKING THEIR MANAGEMENT RIGHT QUESTIONS?



I've had one or two request from some foreign football agents looking for quality strikers or players from Nigeria here. I haven't posted those requests because its not really my line.

But something really pricked me while i go through their requirement. First the player curriculum vitae and also video performance of the player.

However, based on the reality we currently contend with in the league where many matches were not on television. 

Well there might be the argument of clubs covering matches but that can not be like a professionally covered, edited with good voice overs and different camera angles.


Now the question is what are Nigeria league players doing. I cant imagine i'm playing in a club and in all my 19 home games, no live television coverage, and the other 19 away games, maybe twice in the entire season. 

 How will i cope with that if i've got a request from abroad to drop off my CV and a professionally done video of my match(es)

I feel Nigeria league players need to start engaging their management. Everything should not be about salary payment all the time.

 I will rather appreciate a club that pays me just N70k but gives me a very good pitch to play on, and put me on Television for people to see my talent on display.

I believe asking right questions by shifting from the norms, and demanding for a right condition of service majorly from players/personnel to their respective club management can help ''force'' the change we'd wanted from our club football structures in the league.


Fapohunda Olufemi John. Astute local football researcher and solution provider. 
You can follow him on twitter @IamFOJ


No comments:

Post a Comment

Random NPFL CONVERSATION: Starting from Unruly Behavior from Remo stars Recent Home Match.

Samuel Oyekanmi Good decision ... but as much as I am very much against violence of any form, is the decision of the referee ...